In a behavioural optometry consultation, our team may be able to assist you with:
- Preventing the development of vision problems
- Identifying and treating issues to avoid further deterioration
- Ensuring your visual system is functioning at its best for work, school, and everyday life
Jeanine (Nean) McKenzie is your behavioural optometrist in Williamstown. Part of the Fitzgerald Optometry team, Nean is a member of the Australian College of Behavioural Optometrists and is particularly interested in how behavioural optometry can benefit children.
Offering advice, prescriptions, and vision therapies, Nean may be able to assist you in improving:
- Eye focusing and coordination: Used in reading, writing, and other cognitive abilities
- Eye tracking abilities: Especially important for reading fluency
- Lazy and turned eyes: Also known as amblyopia and strabismus
- Short-sightedness (myopia): Characterised by poor distance vision
- Visual perceptual and processing skills: Ensure poor vision is not affecting your child’s education
If you’re searching for a behavioural optometrist in Melbourne who can guide you through all these issues and more, contact Fitzgerald Optometry today. With a practice located in Williamstown and optometrists who are available six days a week, our experienced team is ready to assist you.